Activate trace-mode later

  • jug@schlund.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2001
      Hi,

      is it possible to set/change the trace-mode later:

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->uri('foo')->proxy('http://...');

      ## do something

      and now i want to activate tracing and write output
      to a file, say \*STDERR

      I only found 'on_debug' (but it's said that you should better use
      trace)
      and it seems to me, that 'trace' outputs more than 'debug'??

      Best regards,

      JUG

      Jens-Uwe Gaspar Schlund + Partner AG
      E-Mail: jug@... Erbprinzenstr. 4 - 12
      Tel. +49-721-91374-50 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
      Fax +49-721-91374-20 http://www.schlund.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2001
        Hi, JUG!

        > I only found 'on_debug' (but it's said that you should better use
        > trace) and it seems to me, that 'trace' outputs more than 'debug'??
        Yes, in some cases. on_debug allows you to switch debug on, but there
        are also other information you may want to get.

        If you are interesting only in debug, you may do:

        ->on_debug(sub{print@_}); # on

        ->on_debug(sub{}); # off

        you can also use:

        SOAP::Trace->import(debug => sub {print@_}); # on

        SOAP::Trace->import(-debug); # off

        with SOAP::Trace syntax you can use any other trace symbols, like
        transport, trace, debug, all and others. See SOAP::Trace section in
        documentation for more information.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/