xmlrpc::lite

  • jmiremo@sf-megachips.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15 4:02 PM
      I have this client:

      #!/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.6/bin/perl

      use XMLRPC::Lite;

      print XMLRPC::Lite
      -> proxy('http://192.168.1.60/RPC2')
      -> call('methodName', {a => 123})
      -> result;

      and this server:

      #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe

      use XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP;

      my $daemon = XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      -> new (LocalPort => 80)
      -> dispatch_to('methodName')
      ;

      print "Contact to XMLRPC server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
      $daemon->handle;

      sub methodName
      {
      print "hello\n";
      return 999;
      }

      ------------------

      I would like to print out the var "a" after "hello" in the server
      code. It should print "123", but I can't figure out the syntax to get
      a print statement to work. I know this is simple, but I am just
      getting started. Thanks for any help.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15 4:37 PM
        Hi, jmiremo!

        > I would like to print out the var "a" after "hello" in the server
        > code. It should print "123", but I can't figure out the syntax to
        > get
        > a print statement to work. I know this is simple, but I am just
        > getting started. Thanks for any help.

        this should work. Paradigm is simple: you pass parameters as you
        usually do it with Perl. First parameter is class/object.

        sub methodName
        {
        my($class, $hash) = @_;
        print $hash->{a}, " hello\n";
        return 999;

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • jmiremo@sf-megachips.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15 4:52 PM
          Thanks Paul for the very quick and helpfull response. Now I can sleep
          tonight and move on to the next snag I am sure to find my self in
          soon enough.

          :)

          > Hi, jmiremo!
          >
          > > I would like to print out the var "a" after "hello" in the server
          > > code. It should print "123", but I can't figure out the syntax to
          > > get
          > > a print statement to work. I know this is simple, but I am just
          > > getting started. Thanks for any help.
          >
          > this should work. Paradigm is simple: you pass parameters as you
          > usually do it with Perl. First parameter is class/object.
          >
          > sub methodName
          > {
          > my($class, $hash) = @_;
          > print $hash->{a}, " hello\n";
          > return 999;
          > }
          >
          > Best wishes, Paul.
          >
          > --- jmiremo@s... wrote:
          > > I have this client:
          > >
          > > #!/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.6/bin/perl
          > >
          > > use XMLRPC::Lite;
          > >
          > > print XMLRPC::Lite
          > > -> proxy('http://192.168.1.60/RPC2')
          > > -> call('methodName', {a => 123})
          > > -> result;

          > > and this server:
          > >
          > > #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
          > >
          > > use XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP;
          > >
          > > my $daemon = XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
          > > -> new (LocalPort => 80)
          > > -> dispatch_to('methodName')
          > > ;
          > >
          > > print "Contact to XMLRPC server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
          > > $daemon->handle;
          > >
          > > sub methodName
          > > {
          > > print "hello\n";
          > > return 999;
          > > }

          > > I would like to print out the var "a" after "hello" in the server
          > > code. It should print "123", but I can't figure out the syntax to
          > > get
          > > a print statement to work. I know this is simple, but I am just
          > > getting started. Thanks for any help.

          Messenger