Re: [soaplite] Re: Sending file attachments

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8 7:19 AM
      Hi, Victor!

      > need to use base 64. I'm still a little confused about how the file
      > is being sent? Is it being sent as an attachment? Or are me just
      > sending the bytes? If you could help me would with some information
      > and possibly a simple example I would really appreciate it.
      Yes, we're sending bytes:

      [client]

      # get file
      open(F, "<$myfile") or die "$myfile: $!";
      my $file = join '', <F>;
      close(F) or die "$myfile: $!";

      # make SOAP call
      my $result = SOAP::Lite->proxy(...)->uri(...)
      ->sendFile(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $file));

      die "Doesn't work: ", $result->faultstring if $result->fault;

      [server]

      sub sendFile {
      my($class, $file) = @_;
      # content of your file is in $file
      # if you'd like to save it and you're on Windows platform,
      # don't forget to use binmode()

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • jackx888@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14 12:12 AM
        So does that mean there is not a way to generate a SOAP rpc call with
        attachments in accordance to w3c spec
        http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments
        programmatically using SOAP::Lite?

        I am working with an apache soap service that expects file attachment
        in such format. I realize i can easily send the post request through
        standard HTTP connections, since the file is the only variable. But
        that means I have to parse the response manually. Or can I call
        deserializer on the response?

        Thanks.

        -jack

        > --- staindtd@y... wrote:
        > > it. But what I wanted to do was to have my server program send
        > > files
        > > to the client, and client to server. I keep looking on line for
        > If you just need to send files here and there you can use base64
        > encoded elements (at least it's what I'm doing).
        >
        > > information on how to do this but can't find any good
        explanations.
        > > have read some stuff on attaching messages. And have also read
        some
        > > things on MIME. I was wondering if any one could help me with an
        > > explanation and an example.
        > SOAP::Lite supports MIME messages only on parsing side and doesn't
        > not create them right now. There are only a few toolkits available
        > that support that, so if you want to be interoperable your best bet
        > is still base64. Even if there will be more than one toolkit
        > available there was no interop tests between MIME transfers yet, and
        > though I'm pretty sure I did everything according to spec, my
        reading
        > can be different from someone's else (and from authors also).
        >
        > At the same time I'm working on MIME generation also and future
        > versions of SOAP::Lite may support it.
        >
        > Best wishes, Paul.
        >
        > --- staindtd@y... wrote:
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > Sorry if this is an easy question, I searched through the
        archives.

        > > But I was looking for a more simple explanation. I have been
        > > working
        > > with soap::lite for a few weeks now and I understand the basics
        of
        > > it. But what I wanted to do was to have my server program send
        > > files
        > > to the client, and client to server. I keep looking on line for
        > > information on how to do this but can't find any good
        explanations.
        > > have read some stuff on attaching messages. And have also read
        some

        > > things on MIME. I was wondering if any one could help me with an
        > > explanation and an example.
        > >
        > > Thanks for the help

        Messenger
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14 8:14 AM
          Hi, Jack!

          Yes, there is no way to generate attachments right now, but you
          shouldn't have any problems accepting those though. SOAP generation
          is on my todo list, but it's not a top priority (although it's in top
          ten).

          > But
          > that means I have to parse the response manually. Or can I call
          > deserializer on the response?
          You don't need to do anything special with responses. You get
          attachments as element values:

          --MIME_boundary

          123

          element <a> will have value 123 after processing. some required MIME
          headers are skipped. You may take a look into t/04-attach.t for more
          information.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/