unspecified error

  • Marco DiPlacido
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2001
      getting the following error using the SOAP::Lite
      ASP/Lite.dll server

      there seems to be a problem loading Lite.dll i can
      get this server code to work on some NT machines but
      not my NT production machine.

      Error Type:
      Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80004005)
      Unspecified error
      /pa-soap/soapserver.asp, line 4

      server code:

      1 <%
      2 Response.ContentType = "text/html"
      3
      4 Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
      .server("SOAP::Server") _
      .dispatch_to("PA-SOAPmodules","Demo","PA") _

      .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)))
      %>

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2001
        Hi, Marco!

        > there seems to be a problem loading Lite.dll i can
        > get this server code to work on some NT machines but
        > not my NT production machine.
        > Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80004005)
        This looks like a known error. Some info is here:
        http://p2p.wrox.com/archive/proasp_howto/2001-02/40.asp

        If you type 'ASP 0177:80004005' in Google you'll get a list of pages
        that returned this error to Google! :)

        Seems like a main reason for that is improper module/library
        registration but there are not so many thing you can do wrong.
        Unfortunately I can't be more helpful on that. Let me know if you
        find any additional information or cause, I'll include it into the
        documentation.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Marco DiPlacido <mdiplacido@...> wrote:
        > getting the following error using the SOAP::Lite
        > ASP/Lite.dll server
        >
        > there seems to be a problem loading Lite.dll i can
        > get this server code to work on some NT machines but
        > not my NT production machine.
        >
        > Error Type:
        > Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80004005)
        > Unspecified error
        > /pa-soap/soapserver.asp, line 4
        >
        > server code:
        >
        > 1 <%
        > 2 Response.ContentType = "text/html"
        > 3
        > 4 Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
        > .server("SOAP::Server") _
        > .dispatch_to("PA-SOAPmodules","Demo","PA") _
        >
        > .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)))
        > %>

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • mitzui2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2002
          Hi,

          I've just installed soaplite and registered Lote.dll, and tried
          to run the server code downloaded from the soaplite site.
          However, I kept getting error message "unspecified error" when I run
          the script SOAP.vbs. (the error is on line 8,
          call CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _)

          It seems that I cannot create this object.

          Looking for any comments and suggestions. Thanks.

          Sam
        • Duncan Cameron
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2002
            On 2002-03-28 mitzui2001 wrote:
            >Hi,
            >
            >I've just installed soaplite and registered Lote.dll, and tried
            >to run the server code downloaded from the soaplite site.
            >However, I kept getting error message "unspecified error" when I run
            >the script SOAP.vbs. (the error is on line 8,
            >call CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _)
            >
            >It seems that I cannot create this object.
            >
            >Looking for any comments and suggestions. Thanks.
            >
            >Sam

            hmm, doesn't work for me either, although it has worked in the past using the
            large version of lite.dll

            I get the same error on my W98 machine, but get a clearer message on my W2000
            laptop - something along the lines of lite.dll has been built with Perl version 5.6.0
            whereas I am running 5.6.1

            Paul, can you confirm whether lite.dll is built against a specific version?

            Regards,
            Duncan Cameron
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 29, 2002
              Hi, Duncan!

              > Paul, can you confirm whether lite.dll is built against a specific
              > version?
              It looks like it's a limitation of ActiveState's controls. Minimal
              version doesn't include perl56.dll and for some reason doesn't work
              with that dll from other versions. I usually use latest combination
              of ActivePerl and PDK to compile Lite.dll (so you can upgrade if you
              use older version), however PDK3.0 wasn't use because of several
              problems that existed at that time. You shouldn't have this problem
              using standalone dll (it includes required files).

              Best wishes, Paul.

              http://greetings.yahoo.com/