responseless SOAP call?

  • Weidong Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2001
      As I understand, SOAP-Lite always returns something for each SOAP call, even it is an empty body.

      In some application, for efficiency concern, response is not needed. For example, I can say, unless there is a fault, don't return anything back. That is, only return an HTTP OK header, but no SOAP response envelope.

      Can this be done with SOAP-Lite?

      Weidong

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2001
        Hi, Weidong!

        Yes, that's possible, but you'll need to inherit Serializer from
        SOAP::Serializer and override envelope method there that will return
        empty string instead of serialized envelope (as 'fault' or 'response'
        envelope). That should make a result you're looking for.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/