RE: [soaplite] TCP Tunnel/Monitor

  • Michael Percy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2001
      From working with Apache, I believe the only difference you should need to
      pay attention to with modern Virtual Hosts is that they require a "Host:"
      HTTP header.

      for example:
      ---- connect to services.soaplite.com IP address, on port 80 ----
      POST /someurl HTTP/1.1
      Host: services.soaplite.com
      ...etc

      So you need to have that "Host:" entry in your request or the server will
      not know where to look to serve you files. Maybe something the author of TCP
      Tunnel needs to take care of more than anything else, but it *is*
      protocol-specific (HTTP) so I'm not sure what the cause is... maybe HTTP
      Tunnel (by the same author) will work for you?

      If not, you would probably need some kind of real-time stream editing packet
      sniffer to force it to work ;) or get the source to the tunneling program
      and put in a dialog to modify the Host header in a virtual host situation.
      Either way, good luck to you :)

      Hope this helps,
      Mike