Re: [soaplite] When is a fault not a fault?

  • Michael Brader
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
      I spoke unclearly here so I should correct myself.

      I am not suggesting that any modules are no longer being hosted on CPAN, just that some module authors are using git and sometimes github to manage version control

      You can determine where (if anywhere) an author is hosting code additionally to CPAN by looking for repository links on the metacpan search engine.

      For example, https://metacpan.org/module/SOAP::Lite shows the Sourceforge svn repository where SOAP::Lite has lived until now.

      Cheers,
      Michael

      On 07/10/2013 10:01 AM, Michael Brader wrote:

      Many (most) CPAN modules host their source on github so I doubt it will be disappearing from CPAN. I don't know anything beyond what's in the blog post which I found via PerlWeekly (http://perlweekly.com/).

      Cheers,
      Michael

      On 07/10/2013 02:11 AM, Andrew Hicox wrote:

      Wow, I did miss that.
      Is SOAP::Lite going to continue to be on CPAN, or ... ???

      This blog post indicates a 1.0 version. CPAN still has 0.716.

      is the github code considered "pre-release" or something ?

      -Andy

      On Jul 8, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Michael Brader wrote:

      If anybody missed it, the move to Github is announced here: http://blogs.perl.org/users/phred/2013/07/the-state-of-soaplite---here-comes-10.html

      --
      Michael Brader                    Senior Software Engineer and Perl Person
      Our World Wide Web has a World Wide Network      Technology/Softdev/DevOps

      --
      Michael Brader                    Senior Software Engineer and Perl Person
      Our World Wide Web has a World Wide Network      Technology/Softdev/DevOps
      Internode       http://internode.on.net/          mbrader@...
      iiNet             http://iinet.net.au/         m.brader@...

  • bill.costa_01
    Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2013
      Thanks to everybody for your help on this. I asked my Sys Admin to install v1.0 today, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I can get the service to work when there is no fault, but so far, for the faults I've been generating, the SOAP::SOM object is not defined and an exception is thrown...

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

      ...but an envelope is indeed returned and it contains the fault. What's the next step -- report it as a bug?