Re: [soaplite] When is a fault not a fault?

  • Mithun Bhattacharya
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013

      Seems to cover your specific scenario.

      From: BC <Bill.Costa@...>
      To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 11:40 AM
      Subject: [soaplite] When is a fault not a fault?

      Under certain circumstances SOAP::Lite is receiving valuable
      fault information from the server, but I can't figure out how to
      cleanly retrieve it.  Consider the following example.
    • Michael Brader
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2013
        No it doesn't. In Bill's test case the returned object is undefined, so the code examples in that link will raise an exception. on_fault handlers will not run.

        This appears to be https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=85713

        The bug was marked resolved 26th June so it should be in the Github repo: https://github.com/redhotpenguin/soaplite but I haven't had the chance to verify yet.

        If anybody missed it, the move to Github is announced here: http://blogs.perl.org/users/phred/2013/07/the-state-of-soaplite---here-comes-10.html

        Cheers,
        Michael

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013

          Wow, I did miss that.
          Is SOAP::Lite going to continue to be on CPAN, or ... ???

          This blog post indicates a 1.0 version. CPAN still has 0.716.

          is the github code considered "pre-release" or something ?

          -Andy

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
              I spoke unclearly here so I should correct myself.

              I am not suggesting that any modules are no longer being hosted on CPAN, just that some module authors are using git and sometimes github to manage version control

              You can determine where (if anywhere) an author is hosting code additionally to CPAN by looking for repository links on the metacpan search engine.

              For example, https://metacpan.org/module/SOAP::Lite shows the Sourceforge svn repository where SOAP::Lite has lived until now.

              Cheers,
              Michael

              On 07/10/2013 10:01 AM, Michael Brader wrote:

[...]

          • bill.costa_01
            Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2013
              Thanks to everybody for your help on this. I asked my Sys Admin to install v1.0 today, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I can get the service to work when there is no fault, but so far, for the faults I've been generating, the SOAP::SOM object is not defined and an exception is thrown...

              SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

              ...but an envelope is indeed returned and it contains the fault. What's the next step -- report it as a bug?