SOAP::Lite incompatible usage of HTTP::Headers

  • Mithun Bhattacharya
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2013
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP seems to be using a deprecated way of using HTTP::Headers. I am currently using version 0.714 and looking at SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm +806 which among other things is cloning a APR::Table object into a HTTP::Headers object.

      $r->headers_in always returns a hash reference in mod_perl 2 , though it was returning a hash in mod_perl 1 when called in list context.

      On the other hand HTTP::Headers always required a hash. What did change was that HTTP::Headers prior to version 6.0 didn't have a validation check on the key.

      Can someone please confirm that I am not imagining a problem here and SOAP::Lite truly is calling HTTP::Headers assuming a 1.0 style libapreq ?

      SOAP::Lite version 0.715 also has the same piece of code.

      What worries me is that the HTTP::Headers change happened in 2011 which is why I need a sanity check as to whether SOAP::Lite is truly broken in the webservice mode.

      - Mithun