AW: [soaplite] Crash course - SOAP::Lite / WSDL / Verisign DNS

  • Martin Busik
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2012
      Hi Brian,

      > The WSDL that I am using is here:
      > https://api.verisigndns.com/dnsa-ws/V2.0/dnsaapi?wsdl
      >
      > The API is naturally:
      > https://api.verisigndns.com
      >
      > At the top I'm defining:
      > use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      > uri => 'https://api.verisigndns.com/dnsa-ws/V2.0/dnsaapi?wsdl',
      > proxy => 'https://api.verisigndns.com';
      >
      > and my attempted call for 'getCustomerList' is:
      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite->call(
      > SOAP::Header->name('authInfo'),
      > SOAP::Header->name('userToken'),
      > SOAP::Header->name('userName','<username>'),
      > SOAP::Header->name('password','<password>'),
      > SOAP::Data->name('getCustomerList')
      > );

      The wsdl you refer to does not contain a specification of the contents of a
      "authInfo" element.
      I suppose, the expected header-structure is something like:

      <authInfo>
      <userToken>
      <userName>name</userName>
      <password>pWpW</password>
      </userToken>
      </authInfo

      i.e. authInfo is of complex type.
      You might find an idea how to create such header data in:

      http://www.wlp-systems.de/soap-lite-and-ws-security.html

      > Is there a way that I can display the soap envelope before I fire it off
      to the
      > API? and then decode/print the response? I'm trying to search for this but
      I'm
      > at a loss.

      There are some way, the simplest one:
      use SOAP::Lite (+trace => [qw(transport debug parameters)]);

      HTH,
      Martin