Re: [soaplite] Connecting to server getting “Could not connect to host” using PHP and SO AP Ligt

  • Jo Rhett
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
      This code is PHP, and you've sent it to the mailing list for the Perl SOAP::Lite module.

      On Aug 3, 2011, at 9:26 AM, nic_soft wrote:

      I am struggling to get some SOAP request working using SOAP Ligth and PHP on the requesting side and PERL on the server I am requesting information from. I have never worked with SOAP before.

      When printing the trace, etc., the URL I am trying to connect to looks wired: "http://192.168.1.101/otrs/rpc.pl". I guess that could be part of the problem (but what do I know...). Here is the trace:

      Fault message: Could not connect to host
      Fault code: 0
      array(2) {
      [0]=>
      array(4) {
      ["function"]=>
      string(11) "__doRequest"
      ["class"]=>
      string(10) "SoapClient"
      ["type"]=>
      string(2) "->"
      ["args"]=>
      array(5) {
      [0]=>
      string(645) "
      userpasswordTicketObjectTicketCreateNumber
      "
      [1]=>
      string(35) "http://192.168.1.101/otrs/rpc.pl"
      [2]=>
      string(13) "Core#Dispatch"
      [3]=>
      int(1)
      [4]=>
      int(0)
      [1]=>
      array(6) {
      ["file"]=>
      string(54) "/Library/WebServer/Documents/SMICTestProject/index.php"
      ["line"]=>
      int(37)
      ["function"]=>
      string(10) "__soapCall"
      ["class"]=>
      string(10) "SoapClient"
      ["type"]=>
      string(2) "->"
      ["args"]=>
      array(2) {
      [0]=>
      string(8) "Dispatch"
      [1]=>
      array(4) {
      [0]=>
      string(8) "user"
      [1]=>
      string(11) "password"
      [2]=>
      string(12) "TicketObject"
      [3]=>
      string(18) "TicketCreateNumber"
      Fault trace: // Of some reason this ends up after the actual trace
      Fault line: 37

      Here is the code that generates the exception:

      try {
      $client = new SoapClient(null, array(

      'location' => "http://192.168.1.101/otrs/rpc.pl",
      'uri' => "Core",
      'trace' => 1,
      'login' => "user",
      'password' => "password",
      'style' => SOAP_RPC,
      'use' => SOAP_ENCODED
      ));

      $ticketnumber = $client->__soapCall("Dispatch", array("user", "password", "TicketObject", "TicketCreateNumber"));
      //Here happens a lot of things, but since this code is never reached I skip including it.

      } catch (SoapFault $fault) {
      //trigger_error("SOAP Fault: (faultcode: {$fault->faultcode}, faultstring: {$fault->faultstring})", E_USER_ERROR);
      echo "Fault message: ".$fault->getMessage()."\n";
      echo "Fault code: ".$fault->getCode()."\n";
      echo "Fault trace: ".var_dump($fault->getTrace())."\n";
      echo "Fault line: ".$fault->getLine()."\n";
      echo "Bad SOAP request\n";
      echo "REQUEST:\n".$client->__getLastRequest()."\n";
      echo "RESPONSE:\n".$client->__getLastResponse()."\n";
      echo "</pre>";
      exit;
      }

      What is the problem and what how can I fix it? Should I encode the URL...?

      I included just what I thought was necessary, please let me know if I should add something. There is absolutely nothing in any logs I can include here, which I find strange itself.

      I'm using OpenSUSE/Apache on the server side and OsX/Apache/PHP on the client side.

      Thank you in advance!

      --
      Jo Rhett