AW: Second Call of WebService fails: Died. at C:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 1412

  • Martin Busik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi Andres,
      well, SOAP is an acronym for "is not simple, is not object, is not
      application, is not protocol" :-)

      > But why is it a methode? according the WSDL it is the first
      > element called "CustomerAccount".

      In the early days of webservices, the xml element inside a "soap:Body" was
      refered to as "method name",
      therefore, I suppose, people started to implement webservices in a
      proxy.methodName() ($soap->CustomerAccount)
      way. It is just a naming convention, not more.

      > In my different trials I also tried a version without
      > serializer. I allways tried to build the whole request inside
      > one SOAP::DATA....

      unfortunately, the default implementation of Serializer::envelope() does not
      support this.

      > So why do I have to do that with two
      > SOAP::DATA ($method and $request)?
      > I never found that in the Soap cookbook.

      May be some of the cookbook maintainers are reading this list and could
      clarify the specs.
      (I'd volunteer to submit some examples, if needed)

      Cheers,
      Martin