Convert command line to web browser deployment

  • dukeofperl
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
      I have a soap server running using the standard examples found
      on the web ... like the hibye example shown here ...

      Client
      ======
      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
      -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      Dispatcher
      ==========
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;

      handler
      =======
      package Demo;
      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }
      sub bye {
      return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }

      This runs just fine from the command line. Now I have a need to
      deploy this from a web browser rather than from the command line.

      Does anyone know the steps to do so. I don't need the blow-by-blow
      just an overall nutshell explanation would be fine or a link to a
      tutorial that outlines the process.

      Thank you very much
    • Dave Howorth
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2010
        dukeofperl wrote:
        > I have a soap server running using the standard examples found
        > on the web ... like the hibye example shown here ...
        [snip]
        > This runs just fine from the command line. Now I have a need to
        > deploy this from a web browser rather than from the command line.
        >
        > Does anyone know the steps to do so. I don't need the blow-by-blow
        > just an overall nutshell explanation would be fine or a link to a
        > tutorial that outlines the process.

        What do you mean by "deploy this from a web browser"? It sounds
        nonsensical but perhaps if you explained what you are trying to do, it
        would make more sense.

        Cheers, Dave