Adding namespace in Method Response

  • Mithun Bhattacharya
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 9:02 PM
    Hi,

    I am new to SOAP::Lite and I seem to have a weird behaviour which I can't find my way around. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

    I am trying to migrate a set of webservices to run under Apache::SOAP instead of POE::Component::Server::SOAP;

    I am attaching a sample service running under POE and its equivalent as I see it under Apache::SOAP with this email.

    Bottom line the soap body for POE is
        <namesp1:hiResponse xmlns:namesp1="http://127.0.0.1:32080/">
          <s-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello</s-gensym3>
        </namesp1:hiResponse>

    whereas the Apache::SOAP code is generating
        <hiResponse xmlns="http://127.0.0.1/Demo">
          <s-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello</s-gensym3>
        </hiResponse>

    The above difference seems to be stopping a .Net client from reading the response. Since I have a whole bunch of services to migrate I was hoping there is a way to setup the CGI to return the Response with a specified namespace automatically without modifying the return object manually everytime.

    - Mithun