Remove xml declaration

  • Chris McDevitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 8:54 AM
      SOAP::Lite's first output is the XML declaration. Is there a way to tell SOAP::Lite not to output the XML declaration and start with the SOAP envelope? I'm accessing a web service that is throwing a http 500 error when the first line in the SOAP message is the XML declaration.

      Thanks in advance for you help.

    • Martin Busik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29 12:46 AM
        Hi Chris,

        > SOAP::Lite's first output is the XML declaration. Is there a
        > way to tell SOAP::Lite not to output the XML declaration and
        > start with the SOAP envelope?

        $proxy->encoding(undef);

        does the job. AFAIK it has no furthe "side effects".
        Cheers,
        Martin