Re: [soaplite] Uninitialized Value in SOAP::Lite

  • Dave Howorth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
      Jo Rhett wrote:
      >> $self->on_action->(my $action = $self->action, $method_uri,
      >> $method_name);
      >
      > What is the difference between this line and the following?
      >
      > $self->on_action->( $self->action, $method_uri, $method_name);
      >
      > Because the "my $action" wouldn't exist beyond the invocation of the
      > call above. Context context context.

      I don't believe you are thinking properly about Perl's scope rules.
      What does this code print?

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use strict;
      use warnings;

      sub routine {
      print "@_\n";
      }

      routine(my $action = 1, 2, 3);

      print $action, "\n";

      Hint: what's the definition of a block?

      Cheers, Dave
    • Thomas Boyda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
        Dave,

        On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Dave Howorth
        <dhoworth@...> wrote:

        > Sorry but I don't have much experience with SOAP::Lite. Support seems
        > pretty patchy. When I was developing a simple program a couple of years
        > ago, I had to do a lot of my own digging into code that I'd rather hoped
        > would be a black box.
        >
        > There seems to be a lot more activity around XML::Compile but I've
        > absolutely no idea whether it even handles SOAP.
        >
        > But much as I like Perl, I suspect other languages are a better choice
        > for serious SOAP processing.

        I tend to agree that support for SOAP::Lite is patchy - I really like
        the interface it provides. I was thinking if there was an example of
        just pulling out the entire SOAP body without having to go through
        parsing, I could feed the XML Document to another routine to do the
        parsing.

        I have been trying to dig and debug the problem - but with little luck
        in finding a solution. I may have to bite the bullet and use something
        else. XML::Compile has a SOAP module and that may be a possibility. I
        would like to stay with perl if possible.

        Thank you,

        --
        Tom.