disable c-gensym elements? Docs on soaplite are 404

  • Jo Rhett
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26 10:48 AM
      There is a page with two links on it about how to disable the c-gensym elements

      http://www.soaplite.com/2003/08/how_do_you_turn.html

      Both of the links there are dead, missing page. Can we update this page please?

      --
      Jo Rhett
    • Joseph Werner
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27 6:35 PM
        Seeing as no-one else is answering...

        I don't know about the link, but...

        I did this by hacking the serializer.  Inherit a class from the serializer and overload the xmlize function to call the base class xmlize and then s{c-gensym}{}xmsg

        I'm sure there are cleaner ways, but hey, this worked for me...

        Saltbreez

        On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Jo Rhett <jrhett@...> wrote:

        There is a page with two links on it about how to disable the c-gensym elements

        http://www.soaplite.com/2003/08/how_do_you_turn.html

        Both of the links there are dead, missing page. Can we update this page please?

        --
        Jo Rhett

        I require any third parties to obtain my permission to submit my information to any other party for each such submission. I further require any third party to follow up on any submittal of my information by sending detailed information regarding each such submission to telcodev@...
        Joseph Werner
      • Dave Howorth
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29 2:55 AM
          Jo Rhett wrote:
          > There is a page with two links on it about how to disable the c-gensym elements
          >
          > http://www.soaplite.com/2003/08/how_do_you_turn.html
          >
          > Both of the links there are dead, missing page. Can we update this page please?

          Both pages seem to be in wayback:

          <http://web.archive.org/web/20071227185025rn_3/articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-1045078.html>
          <http://web.archive.org/web/20080114011651/http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003_04.html>

          I doubt Byrne would object to them being copied into the soaplite wiki?

          Cheers, Dave
        • Jo Rhett