Fault inside Envelope instead of Body?

  • Jo Rhett
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2010
      I'm dealing with a SOAP API that is returning Faults inside the envelope instead of inside the body. This is clearly against the API documentation, but they are unlikely to fix it any time soon.

      I'm catching this with " if( $som->envelope->{'Fault'} ) ..." but I'm wondering if there is some way to alter the result to add the body tags around the fault and thus tickle the built in fault handlers?

      --
      Jo Rhett
    • Martin Busik
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2010
        Hi,

        > I'm catching this with " if( $som->envelope->{'Fault'} ) ..."
        > but I'm wondering if there is some way to alter the result to
        > add the body tags around the fault and thus tickle the built
        > in fault handlers?

        You might use the trace handler to rewrite the response, but I suppose, your
        solution
        is the better one.

        Cheers,
        Martin