Re: Empty Result Returned in SOAP::Lite but not soapUI GUI using same request

  • dbower01
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2010
      Hi Martin,

      Thanks for the reply, I'm certain that the lseSessionID portion is definitely working correctly because there are several steps prior to the final one listed here that all work correctly with the lseSessionID. The same lseSessionID is persisted through all webservice requests until it is explicitly released by the client.

      Something of interest though is that I trapped some of the http header information and SOAP::Lite is sending this:

      POST /services/StructureSearchToolkit HTTP/1.1
      TE: deflate,gzip;q=0.3
      Connection: TE, close
      Accept: text/xml
      Accept: multipart/*
      Accept: application/soap
      Host: bigbird:8086
      SOAPAction: "http://zzz.com#getLastSearchResult"

      Whereas soapUI is sending this:

      POST /services/StructureSearchToolkit HTTP/1.1
      Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

      When I check the Response Headers in soapUI I see:

      Transfer-Encoding: chunked
      Server: Jetty(6.1.6)
      status: HTTP/1.1 200 OK

      Cheers,
      Dave

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Busik" <martin.busik@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I suppose, there goes something wrong with your lseSessionId.
      >
      > Have you started a query in your perl code? do you use the same
      > lseSessionID in both requests?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Martin
      >
      > > ---------- The request object generated by SOAP::Lite ----------
      > > <soap:Envelope
      > > xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > > soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      > > xmlns:my="http://zzz.com">
      > > <soap:Header>
      > > <my:lseSessionId>126</my:lseSessionId>
      > > </soap:Header>
      > > <soap:Body>
      > > <my:getLastSearchResult xsi:nil="true" />
      > > </soap:Body>
      > > </soap:Envelope>

    • Martin Busik
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18, 2010
        Hi,

        > http header information and SOAP::Lite is sending this:
        >
        > SOAPAction: "http://zzz.com#getLastSearchResult"
        >
        > Whereas soapUI is sending this:
        >
        > SOAPAction: "urn:GetLastSearchResult"

        SOAPAction might be the cause.

        Try this:

        $proxy->on_action( "urn:".$_[1] } );

        (see the on_action documentation)

        Cheers,
        Martin
      • dbower01
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2010
          Martin,

          Still no luck. I'm going to start further nitty-gritty checking by writing a very simple webservice just using perl that will return the same type of data object. Based on the snippet I read in SOAP::WSDL regarding JAX inconsistencies. The baffling part is that I actually get a response from the webservice - it just contains no data...