Re: Java Vectors

  • igorp@photonet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17 1:56 AM
      --- Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > I would also appreciate if
      > anybody has ideas on how to represent in Perl this datastructure:
      >
      > <something>
      > <item>1</item>
      > <item>2</item>
      > <a>3</a>
      > <b>4</b>
      > </something>
      >
      > and esp. how to identify it.
      Less generic, but much more applicable case is deserialization of
      (Java) object like
      class Something
      {
      Vector vec; //say, java.lang.Vector of java.lang.String
      int a;
      int b;
      As alternative to looking ahead for duplicated names, I'd like to
      suggest to support xsi:type Vector explicitly. At least Apache SOAP
      uses that type to serialize java.lang.Vector (see
      org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.VectorSerializer).
      As obvious, Perl representation should have hash value per object's
      field - in our case, $obj->{vec} will be array reference.

      Igor Pechersky
      PictureVision, Inc.