DIME Support abandoned?

  • csebe
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9 4:40 PM
      Hello guys,

      I need to use DIME attachments with SOAP::Lite and apparently it is not working. DIME-Tools works ok by itself, SOAP::Lite works ok with MIME but not with DIME.
      It's crashing first with error messages from IO::Scalar module: "open() needs a ref to a scalar") then, if I overpass this, it does in HTTP::Message with: "Can't set content to be a scalar reference" and so on.

      I tried with ActivePerl and with Strawberry perl on win xp, hoping that the versions and dependencies will make a difference, but same error messages encountered.

      Now, I know tha M$ abandoned DIME long ago but I still have a proprietary server I have to communicate with, using DIME.

      Any ideas? Any other perl/soap/dime implementation you worked with successfully?

      Thanks a bunch,

      Lian
      http://www.maya-control.ro
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10 11:26 AM
        DIME support was started in SOAP::Lite, by me actually, but never completed. Partially due to a lack of demand. That being said, the attachment layer of SOAP::Lite was completely rewritten (when I merged SOAP::MIME and SOAP::Lite all those years ago) to in theory make DIME attachments possible via very little work.

        Not the response you wanted to hear I am sure. But the groundwork is there, it just needs a developer to step up, and do the work to complete it.

        Byrne