Re: [soaplite] SOAP Server mixed with standard CGI

  • Chris Woodfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
      I'll add that "different URL" can mean simply adding something like "?querytype=soap11" to the end of it...

      -Chris

      On Feb 8, 2010, at 11:03, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@...> wrote:

      Trevor Phillips wrote:
      > I have an application which is an existing standard CGI app, but I wish to
      > also support SOAP requests for the same application.
      >
      > The submitted headers and POST content are already handled by CGI
      > (technically CGI::Fast), but all of the SOAP Server examples seem to assume
      > nothing has read the POST data yet.

      Just use a different URL for the SOAP requests, then your problem goes away.

      Cheers, Dave

    • Dave Howorth
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
        Chris Woodfield wrote:

        > I'll add that "different URL" can mean simply adding something like
        > "?querytype=soap11" to the end of it...

        It can but that opens a philosophically-RESTless can of worms :) Plus
        it's shorter to just say:

        http://www.domain.com/my/url/soap

        or even

        http://soap.domain.com/my/url