Re: [soaplite] SOAP Server mixed with standard CGI

  • Dave Howorth
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
      Trevor Phillips wrote:
      > I have an application which is an existing standard CGI app, but I wish to
      > also support SOAP requests for the same application.
      >
      > The submitted headers and POST content are already handled by CGI
      > (technically CGI::Fast), but all of the SOAP Server examples seem to assume
      > nothing has read the POST data yet.

      Just use a different URL for the SOAP requests, then your problem goes away.

      Cheers, Dave
    • Chris Woodfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
        I'll add that "different URL" can mean simply adding something like "?querytype=soap11" to the end of it...

        -Chris

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
          Chris Woodfield wrote:

          > I'll add that "different URL" can mean simply adding something like
          > "?querytype=soap11" to the end of it...

          It can but that opens a philosophically-RESTless can of worms :) Plus
          it's shorter to just say:

          http://www.domain.com/my/url/soap

          or even

          http://soap.domain.com/my/url