Soap server dying

  • Steve McKay
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2001
      Hello,

      We have a soap server that has been running successfully for a whlie. I
      recently added a Timeout value to the HTTP::Daemon becuase a certain
      task was taking more than the default alloted 180 seconds. Now it seems
      that if there is inactivity on the server for more than the timeout
      value, the server will die.

      Any Ideas?

      Here is a snip of the server code:

      my @packages=qw(AppMgt Test);

      -> new (LocalAddr => '127.0.0.1',
      LocalPort => 12001,
      Reuse => 1,
      Timeout=> 999)
      ->dispatch_to(@packages);

      print "SOAP server running on ".$daemon->url."\n";
      $daemon->handle;

      Thanks again.
    • Michael Percy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2001
        This is not as much of a solution as it is an alternative, but if you set
        Timeout => 0 you will never time out. That should work :)

        Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2001
          Hi, Michael!

          :). As for dying on timeout that's the way it works as far as I
          understand. I'm trying to interfere as less as possible with
          functionality of underlying transport, so you can always wrap
          handle() call into eval, check error and continue if it's a timeout.
          Let me know if it doesn't work for you, I'll take deeper look.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/