Forking server (with SSL) does not work after upgrading to perl 5.10

  • mastelyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 8:39 AM
      I have a SOAP server functioning quite well (preforking and serving)
      but when the system was upgraded (Debian from etch to lenny,
      i.e. from perl 5.8 to 5.10) the server just drops the connection if it is over SSL and if it is larger than 1750 bytes.

      I have tried without SSL and it worked (no matter how big was the request).

      I have tried the plain HTTP:Daemon without forking and the same thing.

      Here are the modules versions

      SOAP::Lite -- 0.710.08
      Net::SSLeay -- 1.35
      IO::Socket::SSL -- 1.16
      HTTP::Daemon::SSL -- 1.04

      Does anyone else have a similar problem?
      Does anyone know what could be the problem?

      If anyone is interested I can post the whole code!

      Regards

    • Lee Carmichael
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20 2:31 PM
        Hello,

        It would help to know what you mean to "not work".

        Does the server not run? Will it not respond to requests? etc...

        Take Care,

        Lee

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20 2:39 PM
          Oops. Sorry I somehow completely missed the obvious "It drops the connection when over 1750 bytes".

          You might want to try to set debugging on HTTP::Daemon -
          $HTTP::Daemon::DEBUG = 1
          And/or enable SSL tracing:
          $Net::SSLeay::trace = 2;
          Hopefully one of these will tell something helpful

          Take Care,

          Lee