mod_perl examples?

  • dkasak76
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 2:18 AM
      Greetings. I'm looking for some working examples using SOAP under mod_perl. I'd like to set up some simple web services, but I don't have any experience with SOAP or mod_perl ( or cgi for that matter ). I do know Perl well though. I've seen the examples on the SOAP::Lite website ( eg http://guide.soaplite.com ). They're a bit lacking in details. Does someone have a link to another howto or something? Thanks.

      Dan
    • Joseph Werner
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 8:13 AM
        Having worked with SOAP, mod_perl, and CGI, I would suggest that at
        least while training/learning you divide and conquer.

        Drop Apache altogether and construct a simple web server using
        Net:HTTPserver; create a SOAP web service from this.

        Drop SOAP altogether and configure Apache to server CGI web pages with
        forms, etc.

        Migrate from CGI to Apache with mod_perl by replacing CGI with
        mod_perl handlers.

        Finally, tie it all together by creating an Apache driven SOAP service
        using mod_perl handlers.

        In all of this we have skirted the issue of clients and diversity of clients.

        Just my $0.02 worth,

        Saltbreez

        --
        I require any third parties to obtain my permission to submit my
        information to any other party for each such submission. I further