Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite + JBoss Question (Parameter Not Being Sent)

  • rahed
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16 2:44 AM
      On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM, David Lloyd<Lloy0076@...> wrote:

      > ## BEGIN PERL CODE
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);
      > import SOAP::Data qw(name);
      >
      > my $service =
      > SOAP::Lite->service("http://127.0.0.1:8080/SoapTest/TestService?wsdl");
      > $service->readable(1);
      >
      > my $name = SOAP::Data->new(name => "HelloWorld2", value => "Ulysses S
      > Grant");
      > #die $name->name;
      >
      > my $result3 = $service->HelloWorld2($name);

      Generating xml from wsdl with complex types doesn't work and is not
      maintained (I think).

      Your wsdl is quite simple, you can work it out like this:

      $client = SOAP::Lite->new(
      'uri' =>('http://adam.com.au'),
      'proxy' =>('http://your/service'),
      );
      $client->on_action(sub{ '' });
      $client->readable(1);

      $sobj = SOAP::Data->name(name => 'Ulysses S Grant');

      $data = $client->HelloWorld2($sobj);
      # if matching
      if ($match = $data->match('/Envelope/Body/HelloWorld2Response')) {
      print "match OK: [$match]\n";
      $return = $data->valueof('//HelloWorld2Response/return');
      # ...
      } else {
      print "match not OK: [$match]\n";

      Radek
    • rahed
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28 2:59 AM
        On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:17 AM, David Lloyd<Lloy0076@...> wrote:

        > I really wanted to use the WSDL because, well, that's what the WSDL is meant
        > to allow you to do :)

        If you want to avoid constructing the xml manually, try these modules:

        XML::Compile::SOAP or
        SOAP::WSDL

        --
        Radek