Re: Bad stub: syntax error... in connecting with Open Patent Services

  • mtys0904
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 5:11 AM
      Thank you.

      I tried ver.0710.08, but I got the similar error too...

      (Example)
      #!/usr/bin/perl
      #use SOAP::Lite;
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';

      my $service = SOAP::Lite->service('http://ops.epo.org/wsdl/ops.wsdl');

      (Error message)
      Bad stub: syntax error at (eval 95) line 7, near "-and"
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SOAP/Lite.pm line 3613

      As I was not able to upgrade SOAP::Lite ver. on Fedoracore3 environment, and I tried the ver.0710.08 on CentOS.

      My environment of this time is as follows;
      -CentOS release 5.2
      -Perl5.8.8
      -SOAP::Lite0.710.08

      This time, I did not specify the getDDBJEntry part.
      The Lite.pm error occurred at the same Function with the error result I got in my previous try.

      (Function incuding "line@3613")
      3608 # Naming? wsdl
      3609 sub service {
      3610 my $self = shift->new;
      3611 return $self->{'_service'} unless @_;
      3612 $self->schema->schema_url($self->{'_service'} = shift);
      3613 my %services = %{$self->schema->parse(@_)->load->services};

      Carp::croak "More than one service in service description.
      Service and port names have to be specifie
      d\n"
      if keys %services > 1;
      my $service = (keys %services)[0]->new;
      return $service;

      I guess the error occurred in WSDL analysis process, but do you know how to avoid the error?

      Thank you again.

      Mitsu
    • rahed
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 6:13 AM
        On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:09 PM, mtys0904 <mtys0904@...> wrote:
        > Thank you.
        >
        > I tried ver.0710.08, but I got the similar error too...
        >
        > (Example)
        > #!/usr/bin/perl
        > #use SOAP::Lite;
        > use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
        >
        > my $service = SOAP::Lite->service('http://ops.epo.org/wsdl/ops.wsdl');
        >
        > (Error message)
        > Bad stub: syntax error at (eval 95) line 7, near "-and"
        >  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SOAP/Lite.pm line 3613

        I guess you won't succeed with generating the request directly from
        wsdl. The module is not ready for more complex wsdl definitions.

        I rather explicitly define an xml structure with SOAP::Data objects
        (described in the docs).

        Or you can try SOAP::WSDL or XML::Compile::SOAP.

        --
        Radek