Re: [soaplite] using soap:lite as daemon, capturing the clients IP ?? Help

  • rahed
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
      On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM, killyourspam <killyourspam@...> wrote:
      > Trying to find a way to get a hold of the client's IP as they
      > come to the soap daemon server..

      You can get the address from peerhost method applied on a connected socket.
      The method is from IO::Socket::INET.

      --
      Radek
    • rahed
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2009
        On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM, dennis.davidoff
        <dennis.davidoff@...> wrote:
        > Please, show an example.

        I use ForkOnAccept module which is part of the distribution:
        $daemon->ForkOnAccept::handle;

        package ForkOnAccept;
        sub handle {
        my $self = shift->new;

        CLIENT:
        while (my $c = $self->accept) {
        my $address = $c->peerhost;

        Where $c is the object of the connected socket.
        Actually I do not call peerhost to use it further.

        --
        Radek