Where's SOAP::Data?

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
      Good day everyone,

      Rather than try to explain what I'm doing (for now) I'll just mention
      that I installed the latest SOAP::Lite from CPAN
      (MKUTTER/SOAP-Lite-0.710.08.tar.gz). When I try to use SOAP::Data I
      get the standard "can't find SOAP/Lite/Data.pm" that I would expect to
      see had I not installed SOAP::Lite at all.

      Is there something I need to pass to CPAN to include SOAP::Data?

      Here's what CPAN Thinks I have right now...

      Core Package [*] Scalar::Util always
      [*] Test::More
      [*] URI
      [*] MIME::Base64
      [*] version
      [*] XML::Parser (v2.23)
      Client HTTP support [*] LWP::UserAgent always
      Client HTTPS support [*] Crypt::SSLeay [ yes ]
      Client SMTP/sendmail support [ ] MIME::Lite [ no ]
      Client FTP support [*] IO::File [ yes ]
      [*] Net::FTP
      Standalone HTTP server [*] HTTP::Daemon [ yes ]
      Apache/mod_perl server [ ] Apache [ no ]
      FastCGI server [ ] FCGI [ no ]
      POP3 server [ ] MIME::Parser [ no ]
      [*] Net::POP3
      IO server [*] IO::File [ yes ]
      MQ transport support [ ] MQSeries [ no ]
      JABBER transport support [ ] Net::Jabber [ no ]
      MIME messages [ ] MIME::Parser [ no ]
      DIME messages [*] IO::Scalar (v2.105) [ yes ]
      [*] DIME::Tools (v0.03)
      [*] Data::UUID (v0.11)
      SSL Support for TCP Transport [*] IO::Socket::SSL [ yes ]
      Compression support for HTTP [*] Compress::Zlib [ yes ]
      MIME interoperability w/ Axis [ ] MIME::Parser (v6.106) [ no ]

      Thanks in advance!!

      -=Kevin=-
    • Lee Carmichael
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
        Hello Kevin,

        > Rather than try to explain what I'm doing (for now) I'll just mention
        > that I installed the latest SOAP::Lite from CPAN
        > (MKUTTER/SOAP- Lite-0.710. 08.tar.gz) . When I try to use SOAP::Data I
        > get the standard "can't find SOAP/Lite/Data. pm" that I would expect to
        > see had I not installed SOAP::Lite at all.
        >
        > Is there something I need to pass to CPAN to include SOAP::Data?

        SOAP::Data is included in the SOAP::Lite module's package. So all you need to do to use SOAP::Lite.

        example:

        use SOAP::Lite;

        my $data = SOAP::Data->new( name => 'Foo', value => \SOAP::Data->new( name => 'SubFoo', value => 'special' ) );

        print ref $data, "\n";

        Take Care,

        Lee
      • Thomas J Pinkl
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
          On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 04:18:12AM -0000, Kevin wrote:
          > Good day everyone,
          >
          > Rather than try to explain what I'm doing (for now) I'll just mention
          > that I installed the latest SOAP::Lite from CPAN
          > (MKUTTER/SOAP-Lite-0.710.08.tar.gz). When I try to use SOAP::Data I
          > get the standard "can't find SOAP/Lite/Data.pm" that I would expect to
          > see had I not installed SOAP::Lite at all.

          Based on that error message, it looks like you tried to use
          "SOAP::Lite::Data" and not "SOAP::Data", which is the correct
          module name.

          --
          Thomas J. Pinkl | Phone: 215-491-0763 (Direct)
          Senior Systems Architect | 215-442-9300 (HBS)

          This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is confidential and may be privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.