Can't call method ..... without a package or object reference

  • Bryan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi,

      I am using SOAP-Lite v 0.710.08. I am trying to get the result data
      from the xml response, but I keep getting error 'Can't call
      method "dataof" without a package or object reference at ...'.

      Here is the response I am getting back from the webservice request:

      <ServiceResponse>
      <RequestType>CheckListenerStatus</RequestType>
      <SuccessInd>Y</SuccessInd>
      <Response>The Listener service is currently running.</Response>
      <RequestDateTime>10/02/2008 13:12:01</RequestDateTime>
      </ServiceResponse>

      I then get the error when I make the following call:

      my $successInd = $som->dataof('//ServiceResponse/SuccessInd');

      How can I fix this?
    • rahed
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
        > I keep getting error 'Can't call
        > method "dataof" without a package or object reference at ...'.

        > my $successInd = $som->dataof('//ServiceResponse/SuccessInd');

        Appears your $som object is an empty string.

        --
        Radek