RE: [soaplite] Re: How to get errors

  • Oeschey, Lars (I/ET-83, extern)
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
      I got a bit further on this, though not very successful. Using the
      ->trace method of SOAP::Lite, I could see what I'm sending and
      receiving:

      sent:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
      xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.
      org/soap/encoding/"
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:teInput xmlns:namesp1="http://soap.data.inform.com">
      <c-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:string">MAN9999999/1</c-gensym3>
      <c-gensym5 xsi:type="xsd:string">LAD1020</c-gensym5>
      <c-gensym7 xsi:type="xsd:int">1</c-gensym7>
      </namesp1:teInput>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      received:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      xmlns:soap-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:xs="http://www.
      w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
      <soap:faultcode>soap:Server</soap:faultcode>
      <soap:faultstring>IdSoapRpcXml.TIdSoapReaderXML.GetParameter: Parameter
      "in2" not found in list
      "c-gensym3,c-gensym5,c-gensym7"</soap:faultstring>
      <detail xsi:type="EIdSoapRequirementFail"></detail>
      </soap:Fault>
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>

      looking at the wsdl file, I see that the third parameter should be
      string, while I send int (though I didn't do anything, somewhere it gets
      autotyped):

      <message name="teInput">
      <part name="in0" type="xs:string"/>
      <part name="in1" type="xs:string"/>
      <part name="in2" type="xs:string"/>
      </message>

      So this is the reason, why it's denied. But: Why don't I get the fault
      parameters? With this:

      use SOAP::Lite;# +trace => [qw(all)];
      my $soap= SOAP::Lite
      ->uri('http://soap.data.inform.com')
      ->proxy('http://audiinsa00220.in.audi.vwg:3003/soap/');

      my $som=$soap->teInput("MAN9999999/1", "LAD1020", "1");

      if ($som->fault) {
      print $som->faultdetail;
      print $som->faultcode;
      print $som->faultstring;
      print $som->faultactor;
      }

      I only get:
      500 Internal Server Error at soaptest.pl line 6

      and: How can I force the parameter to be a string?

      Lars
    • patrick mariani
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
        eval is typically used to catch a critical error - exactly as  you said where perl
        does not return.

        the parameter missing error you are receiving is because it expects two (3)
        args, and you were only sending one - now, you do need to get your
        error detection working - and i haven't had any problem printing
        the faultcode and strings -

        i recommend you read the wsdl with soap lite that will get the type correct.
        in your second response

        faultstring may only contain
        "500 Internal Server Error at soaptest.pl line 6"

        perhaps your server side code is bad?

        -

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2008
          > the parameter missing error you are receiving is because it
          > expects two (3)
          > args, and you were only sending one - now, you do need to get your
          > error detection working - and i haven't had any problem printing
          > the faultcode and strings -
          > i recommend you read the wsdl with soap lite that will get
          > the type correct.
          > in your second response

          as you can see from the post after that one (btw, this is the slowest
          list I know, not from participants but post speed, i.e. yahoo ;)), I've
          been able to trace sent and received stuff. I also managed meanwhile, to
          force the third parameter into "string" type, which can be seen with the
          trace. I still get the same error from the other side, which I blame on
          the server side now, but I still don't get the faultcode/string, and it
          definitely is sent (which is also seen in the trace mentioned in the
          previous mail)

          > faultstring may only contain
          > "500 Internal Server Error at soaptest.pl line 6"
          > perhaps your server side code is bad?

          maybe server-side code is bad... but the 500 Message comes not from
          *within* SOAP but is just the transport error (same as with a web
          server). I do see the SOAP fault in the trace, and it looks like it
          should be captured by SOAP::Lite, but it isn't...

          regards, Lars
        • rahed
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 4, 2008
            > <message name="teInput">
            > <part name="in0" type="xs:string"/>
            > <part name="in1" type="xs:string"/>
            > <part name="in2" type="xs:string"/>
            > </message>

            First don't input raw values to teInput function. Follow your service
            description.
            Something like this:

            my $som=$soap->teInput(
            SOAP::Data->name(in0 => 'MAN9999999/1'),
            SOAP::Data->name(in1 => 'LAD1020'),
            SOAP::Data->name(in2 =>
            1)->type('string'),
            );

            --
            Radek
          • Oeschey, Lars (I/ET-83, extern)
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
              > > <message name="teInput">
              > > <part name="in0" type="xs:string"/>
              > > <part name="in1" type="xs:string"/>
              > > <part name="in2" type="xs:string"/>
              > > </message>
              >
              > First don't input raw values to teInput function. Follow your service
              > description.
              > Something like this:
              >
              > my $som=$soap->teInput(
              > SOAP::Data->name(in0 =>
              > 'MAN9999999/1'),
              > SOAP::Data->name(in1 =>
              > 'LAD1020'),
              > SOAP::Data->name(in2 =>
              > 1)->type('string'),

              great, this works! Thanks a lot! Would you mind explaining what the
              difference is now? Can I maybe read up somewhere about generic Soap
              handling? It seems my fault was just not following "best practice", so
              I'd like to know what "best practice" would be ;)

              Lars
            • Oeschey, Lars (I/ET-83, extern)
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
                > First don't input raw values to teInput function. Follow your service
                > description.
                > Something like this:
                >
                > my $som=$soap->teInput(
                > SOAP::Data->name(in0 =>
                > 'MAN9999999/1'),
                > SOAP::Data->name(in1 =>
                > 'LAD1020'),
                > SOAP::Data->name(in2 =>
                > 1)->type('string'),

                This works good for the positive case (i.e. all values are good). If I
                want to get an error, by sending the last value as string, I should get
                an error from $som->fault however. I only get a http 500 error. The
                trace contains the fault though:

                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope
                xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/s
                oap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
                soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                xmlns:soap="http://schemas.
                xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><teInput
                xmlns="http://soap.data.inform.com"><in0
                xsi:type="xsd:string">MAN9999999/1</in0><in1 xsi:type="xsd:st
                ring">LAD22010</in1><in2
                xsi:type="xsd:int">1</in2></teInput></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
                SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive:
                HTTP::Response=HASH(0x1e38270)
                SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
                Server Error
                Cache-Control: proxy-revalidate
                Connection: close
                Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:44:41 GMT
                Server: Indy/9.0.18
                Client-Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:44:40 GMT
                Client-Peer: 10.250.52.241:8080
                Client-Response-Num: 1

                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                xmlns:soap-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                xmlns:xs="http://www.
                w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soap:Body><soap:F
                ault><soap:faultcode>soap:Server</soap:faultcode><soap:
                faultstring>Type Mismatch. For the parameter in2, the type found was
                "int" in the namespace
                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema", which
                doesn't match any of the expected values:
                {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}string</soap:faultstring><detail
                xsi:type="EIdSoapRequirementFail"></d
                etail></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

                I'm trying to get the fault like this:

                if ($som->fault) {
                print $som->faultdetail; # returns value of 'detail' element as
                # string or object
                print $som->faultcode; #
                print $som->faultstring; # also available
                print $som->faultactor; #
                }
                else {print "result:$som\n";}
              • rahed
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 8, 2008
                  > I'm trying to get the fault like this:
                  >
                  > if ($som->fault) {
                  > print $som->faultdetail; # returns value of 'detail' element as
                  > # string or object
                  > print $som->faultcode; #
                  > print $som->faultstring; # also available
                  > print $som->faultactor; #
                  > }
                  > else {print "result:$som\n";}

                  You should get the fault this way. You may changed the $som object
                  before calling a fault method.

                  --
                  Radek
                • rahed
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 8, 2008
                    > great, this works! Thanks a lot! Would you mind explaining what the
                    > difference is now? Can I maybe read up somewhere about generic Soap
                    > handling? It seems my fault was just not following "best practice", so
                    > I'd like to know what "best practice" would be ;)

                    A request expects a soap structure which is done by SOAP::Data class.
                    Check the SOAP::Lite docs.

                    --
                    Radek