"use_prefix has been depreciated" error when using WSDL

  • Chris Woodfield
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15 2:50 PM
      Hi,

      I'm on SOAP::Lite version 0.66, using a WSDL (below) to make the
      following SOAP call:

      ----
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service('file://path/to/Authentication.wsdl')
      ->proxy($ws_url);

      my $result = $soap->Authenticate($account, $token, $referrer,
      $source_url, $client_ip);
      ----

      The WSDL is below. Note that I'm defining the URL itself in the object
      creation (not in the WSDL - it was there originally but I've commented
      it out) as it can change dynamically for reasons beyond the scope of
      this email.

      The problem is that I keep getting this in STDERR each time I make a
      call:

      use_prefix has been deprecated. if you wish to turn off or on the use
      of a default namespace, then please use either ns(uri) or
      default_ns(uri) at /usr/share/perl5/SOAP/Lite.pm line 858.

      When not using a WSDL, This is easy to quash just by specifying
      default_ns as the message suggests. However, this doesn't seem to have
      any effect on this call - is this something that needs to be in the
      WSDL somewhere?

      TIA,

      -Chris

      ---
      <?xml version="1.0" ?>
      <definitions name="Authentication" targetNamespace="http://foo.com/webservices
      " xmlns:typens="http://foo.com/webservices" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
      " xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
      " xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
      ">
      <types>
      <xsd:schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      targetNamespace="http://foo.com/webservices">
      </xsd:schema>
      </types>
      <message name="doAuthenticate">
      <part name="strAccount" type="xsd:string" />
      <part name="strToken" type="xsd:string" />
      <part name="strReferrer" type="xsd:string" />
      <part name="strSourceURL" type="xsd:string" />
      <part name="strClientIP" type="xsd:string" />
      </message>
      <message name="doAuthenticateResponse">
      <part name="Result" type="xsd:int" />
      </message>
      <portType name="AuthenticationPort">
      <operation name="Authenticate">
      <input message="typens:doAuthenticate" />
      <output message="typens:doAuthenticateResponse" />
      </operation>
      </portType>
      <binding name="AuthenticationBinding"
      type="typens:AuthenticationPort">