Re: XML Document to SOM object trouble

  • Joe Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 8:52 AM
      Thanks Joe for the help --

      I was able to solve my problem, it seems that the xml file needs to be deserialized for it to be cast to a SOM object. Instead of SOAP::SOM->new($XML) I should have been using:

          my $result = SOAP::Deserializer->deserialize(<XML>);

      Thanks all

      --Mike

      Joe Hourcle <oneiros@...> wrote:

      On Thu, 1 May 2008, killgore9999 wrote:

      > Hey Joe, thanks for the reply --
      >
      > The xml document that I'm using is as follows:
      >

      > xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      >

      > xmlns:ns="http://super.cool.host.edu/ServiceV1/service/xsd">
      > 101
      > 102
      > 103
      >

      > As for your CGI script idea, that's definitely another option but I
      > kind of have my heart set on having local files which can be read by
      > my object and returned to the client as if they were live soap messages.

      open (XML, '<', '/path/to/xml/file')
      || die ("Couldn't read file : $!");
      print $appropriate_soap_headers, "\n\n", ;
      close (XML);

      Personally, I store in my test message the full HTTP response (including
      headers, so I don't have to compute content length, etc.), so I just open
      the file and print the contents.

      -----
      Joe Hourcle