- ... [trimmed] ... I d inspect what s actually being sent over the wire -- I m guessing that you have an XML declaration inside the SOAP body (ie, your solutionMessage 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008View SourceOn Thu, 1 May 2008, killgore9999 wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some insight[trimmed]
> on my problem.
> I am writing tests for a perl script which relies on SOAP to send and
> receive data from a server. In an effort to simplify the tests and
> isolate the server from consideration, I am trying to simulate the
> server's xml responses using locally stored xml files rather than
> actually calling the server's methods. In effect, this will allow me
> to feed custom server messages into the script so that I can more
> easily control and analyze the output.
> My case seems to clearly be one of these rare needs. I have triedI'd inspect what's actually being sent over the wire -- I'm guessing that
> passing just about everything I can think of into this method through
> the $message_as_xml parameter, but I am constantly getting error
> messages such as "Not an ARRAY reference at
> /opt/perl5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 385" and "Can't
> use string ("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ut") as an ARRAY ref while
> "strict refs" in use at
> /opt/perl5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 385".
you have an XML declaration inside the SOAP body (ie, your solution
resulted in the message having an extra SOAP header applied to it)
In your case, if you're sending exact messages -- I'd probably skip
SOAP::Lite entirely for the testing, and just use a plain old CGI script
and return the test responses.
- Thanks Joe for the help -- I was able to solve my problem, it seems that the xml file needs to be deserialized for it to be cast to a SOM object. Instead ofMessage 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008View SourceThanks Joe for the help --
I was able to solve my problem, it seems that the xml file needs to be deserialized for it to be cast to a SOM object. Instead of SOAP::SOM->new($XML) I should have been using:
my $result = SOAP::Deserializer->deserialize(<XML>);
Joe Hourcle <oneiros@...> wrote:
On Thu, 1 May 2008, killgore9999 wrote:
> Hey Joe, thanks for the reply --
> The xml document that I'm using is as follows:
> As for your CGI script idea, that's definitely another option but I
> kind of have my heart set on having local files which can be read by
> my object and returned to the client as if they were live soap messages.
open (XML, '<', '/path/to/xml/file')
|| die ("Couldn't read file : $!");
print $appropriate_soap_headers, "\n\n", ;
Personally, I store in my test message the full HTTP response (including
headers, so I don't have to compute content length, etc.), so I just open
the file and print the contents.
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.