Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [soaplite] XML Document to SOM object trouble

Expand Messages
  • Joe Hourcle
    ... [trimmed] ... I d inspect what s actually being sent over the wire -- I m guessing that you have an XML declaration inside the SOAP body (ie, your solution
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 7:33 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      On Thu, 1 May 2008, killgore9999 wrote:

      > Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some insight
      > on my problem.
      >
      > I am writing tests for a perl script which relies on SOAP to send and
      > receive data from a server. In an effort to simplify the tests and
      > isolate the server from consideration, I am trying to simulate the
      > server's xml responses using locally stored xml files rather than
      > actually calling the server's methods. In effect, this will allow me
      > to feed custom server messages into the script so that I can more
      > easily control and analyze the output.

      [trimmed]

      > My case seems to clearly be one of these rare needs. I have tried
      > passing just about everything I can think of into this method through
      > the $message_as_xml parameter, but I am constantly getting error
      > messages such as "Not an ARRAY reference at
      > /opt/perl5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 385" and "Can't
      > use string ("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ut") as an ARRAY ref while
      > "strict refs" in use at
      > /opt/perl5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 385".

      I'd inspect what's actually being sent over the wire -- I'm guessing that
      you have an XML declaration inside the SOAP body (ie, your solution
      resulted in the message having an extra SOAP header applied to it)

      In your case, if you're sending exact messages -- I'd probably skip
      SOAP::Lite entirely for the testing, and just use a plain old CGI script
      and return the test responses.

      -----
      Joe Hourcle
    • Joe Joe
      Thanks Joe for the help -- I was able to solve my problem, it seems that the xml file needs to be deserialized for it to be cast to a SOM object. Instead of
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:52 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        Thanks Joe for the help --

        I was able to solve my problem, it seems that the xml file needs to be deserialized for it to be cast to a SOM object. Instead of SOAP::SOM->new($XML) I should have been using:

            my $result = SOAP::Deserializer->deserialize(<XML>);

        Thanks all

        --Mike

        Joe Hourcle <oneiros@...> wrote:


        On Thu, 1 May 2008, killgore9999 wrote:

        > Hey Joe, thanks for the reply --
        >
        > The xml document that I'm using is as follows:
        >
        >
        >
        > xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        >
        >
        >
        > xmlns:ns="http://super.cool.host.edu/ServiceV1/service/xsd">
        > 101
        > 102
        > 103
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > As for your CGI script idea, that's definitely another option but I
        > kind of have my heart set on having local files which can be read by
        > my object and returned to the client as if they were live soap messages.


        open (XML, '<', '/path/to/xml/file')
        || die ("Couldn't read file : $!");
        print $appropriate_soap_headers, "\n\n", ;
        close (XML);


        Personally, I store in my test message the full HTTP response (including
        headers, so I don't have to compute content length, etc.), so I just open
        the file and print the contents.

        -----
        Joe Hourcle


        Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.