memory usage

  • Lev Lvovsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 4:54 PM
      After running a few tests, I'm finding that the operations performed
      by the SOAP::Lite decode() method (actually in the SOAP::Parser
      package) are causing huge memory usage by our test script. The file
      being parsed is 50MB on disk as XML wrapping encoded xml - parsing the
      file consumes 1.2 GB of memory.

      Is there any way to reduce the memory footprint of SOAP::Lite? I'm
      using Xerces as a parser, so I don't need anything but the querying/
      fault-catching abilities of SOAP::Lite.

      Thank you,
      -lev