Timeout Error

  • sylvain.brohee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2008
      Dear all,

      Recently, we developed a set of tool dedicated to the study of
      biological networks (NeAT : http://rsat.scmbb.ulb.ac.be/neat/). These
      tools are available via web services and a web server interface (that
      calls the webservices).

      When running our tools with large networks (~12 Mb), it takes of
      course more time to be sent to the server. Moreover, as the network is
      quite big, it takes some time to the server to execute the process
      (but it receives the data and works with it ... which mean I don't
      think this is a (de-)serialization problem).

      The client receives this error :

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive:
      HTTP::Response=HASH(0x88f41bc)
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 500 read timeout
      Client-Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:38:16 GMT
      Client-Warning: Internal response

      500 read timeout
      SOAP::Deserializer::deserialize: ()
      SOAP::Parser::decode: ()
      500 read timeout at mcl_client.pl line 117

      This is the way I call the server :

      my $soap=SOAP::WSDL->new(wsdl => $WSDL);
      $soap-> proxy($proxy, timeout => 40000);
      $soap->transport->timeout(40000);
      $soap->wsdlinit;

      As you can seen, I already tried to play with the timeout option in
      some way but I does not seem to be effective!

      Can somebody help me in some way?

      I thank you very much.

      Kind regards,

      Sylvain