Problem with bareword error

  • bshenanigan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:47 PM
      I am just starting using SOAP::Lite and I am having a bit of a problem
      getting anything to work. I have a very simple perl file (below)
      which is giving me errors before I even do anything:

      ------

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl

      use strict;
      use warnings;

      use SOAP::Lite;

      print SOAP::Lite
      -> service("file:./OmnitureAdminServices.wsdl");

      -----

      Gives:

      -----

      Bad stub: Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in
      use at (eval
      93) line 6.
      Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "ReportSuite" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "Permissions" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
      93) line
      6.
      Bareword "Company" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 93)
      line 6.
      Bareword "Company" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 93)
      line 6.
      Bareword "DeliveryList" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
      (eval 93) line
      6.

      -----

      Some of the names in the WSDL are similar to the 'barewords' - like:
      <operation name="DeliveryList.Save">
      and
      <operation name="ReportSuite.AddCorrelations">

      Could it be that the '.' in the names is causing a problem?

      I am using perl 5.8.7

      Any help appreciated