SOAP::Lite closing connection to .Net client

  • Hugues de Mazancourt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi all,

      I'm using SOAP::Lite for years to integrate a perl Search Engine
      through Web Service into other environments (Java, COM, etc.). The
      server is resides in a mod_perl http server, running under Linux (RHEL)

      Right now, I have a customer complaining about requests failing when
      the message is too long. The integration is done with a .NET client
      (using SoapHttpClient).
      Stack traces show the following message:

      System.Net Error: 0 : [4696] Exception in the
      HttpWebRequest#38338487:: - The underlying connection was closed: An
      unexpected error occurred on a receive.

      The analysis my client makes is that the client receives all data but
      but the connection is closed (by SOAP::Lite server) before reading the
      last XML element (the last element of a SOAP message). As far as I
      understand, .Net assumes that it's the client responsibility to close
      the connection, not the server's, which is apparently happening. But I
      really don't know how to keep the connection open by the server when
      the message is finished.

      Anyone heard of such interoperability problem with .Net ?

      Best,

      Hugues de Mazancourt
      Lingway (www.lingway.com)