SOAP::Lite Newbie WINDOWS - PLEASE HELP

  • ~Dushi~
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      Hi Everyone!

      I am trying to SETUP CGI based web services using SOAP::LITE on
      WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 2) having IIS 5.1.

      Have installed all necessary modules using PERL PPM manager
      (SOAP::LITE VERSION 0.69) and all its dependencies.
      When running following soap lite examples hibye.pl (as detailed
      bellow), its working fine.
      ---------------------------------------
      1.a. client (hibye.pl)
      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
      -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      I have a CGI folder under IIS root folder, configured to use Perl and
      my normal CGI pages working fine. I have placed hibye.cgi file under
      CGI folder. Changed hibye.pl uri and proxy address to:
      -> uri('http://localhost/cab/cgi')
      -> proxy('http://localhost/cab/cgi/hibye.cgi')
      -------------------------------------
      1.b. server (hibye.cgi)
      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;
      package Demo;
      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }
      sub bye {
      return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }
      sub languages {
      return ("Perl", "C", "sh");
      }
      When I try running hibye.pl its not outputting anything, no error
      messages either.
      I am expecting to print "hello,world"

      Any Ideas what went wrong??

      THANKS FOR UR TIME N HELP