Re: [soaplite] XMLRPC::Lite +

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
      Hi, dpk!

      > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
      > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
      There are several of them that are fixed already.

      ! number of fixes in XMLRPC::Lite
      fixed <string> requirement (thanks to Matthew Krenzer and Dana
      Powers)
      fixed skipping of empty slot (thanks to Jon Udell)
      fixed serialization of "0"/""/undef values (thanks to Michael E.
      Gage)
      fixed autodispatch (thanks to Craig Kelley)

      <nil/> is an extension and Dave Winer (author of XML-RPC) doesn't
      encourage to use it. SOAP::Lite might support <nil/> but only on
      parser side, it will NOT generate it. undef values are encoded as
      empty elements and can be properly de/serialized almost in all cases.

      > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
      > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
      > changes?
      Good question. I planed/promissed to make a release almost two weeks
      ago, then delayed it for a couple of reasons, but mainly to include
      support for SOAP1.2. I plan to release code during this weekend after
      extensive testing. XMLRPC::Lite module is pretty independent from
      core piece, but there are couple of changes (like fix for empty
      slots) that require code to be released together with SOAP::Lite. You
      should not be disappointed :).

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- dpk <beatdown_1_2@...> wrote:
      > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
      > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
      > <nil/>
      > extention in the next release. Do you plan on serializing all
      > undef's
      > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
      > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
      > changes?
      > dpk

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Weidong Wang
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2001
        Thanks for the reply, Paul.

        How do I add header and other elements to body and still use the normal call convention?
        Is it to use addheader()? Can you provide an example for using it?
        Also, how to add body fields?

        Thanks.

        Weidong