"Crypt::SSLeay not installed" error

  • nrocha18
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
      Hi,

      I've been using SOAP::Lite module to access a .NET webservice from a
      unix machine.
      Everything was going smoothly until I changed the localization of the
      .NET webservice to another machine. Since then, I've not been able to
      complete any request because of the error
      "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 501 Protocol scheme
      'https' is not supported (Crypt::SSLeay not installed)".

      I've googled about it and it looks like this happens because I'm
      trying to use https connection without having the Crypt:SSLeay module
      installed.

      But the address that I put on the proxy property is a simple http!
      My source code is as follows:

      my $s = SOAP::Lite
      ->default_ns('http://tempuri.org/')

      ->proxy('http://192.168.2.125/DocumentationFramework/TplAnalyser/TplAnalyser.asmx')
      ->on_action(sub { 'http://tempuri.org/Analyse'; });

      my $serviceMethod = SOAP::Data
      ->name('Analyse')
      ->attr({xmlns=>'http://tempuri.org/'});

      my $params = (SOAP::Data->name(files => \SOAP::Data->value(
      SOAP::Data->name(string => @args))));

      my $methodRes = $s->call($serviceMethod => $params);

      It was working perfectly and the only difference was the ip address of
      the proxy.

      What does this mean? Why do I need that 'thing' to handle https
      requests when I only use http?

      Thanks in advance
    • Victor A. Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
        Hi,

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "nrocha18" <nuno.a.rocha@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've been using SOAP::Lite module to access a .NET webservice from a
        > unix machine.
        > Everything was going smoothly until I changed the localization of the
        > .NET webservice to another machine. Since then, I've not been able to
        > complete any request because of the error
        > "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 501 Protocol scheme
        > 'https' is not supported (Crypt::SSLeay not installed)".
        >
        > I've googled about it and it looks like this happens because I'm
        > trying to use https connection without having the Crypt:SSLeay module
        > installed.

        That's correct !!

        > But the address that I put on the proxy property is a simple http!
        > My source code is as follows:

        Please, try to ask to the .NET people if now the web service redirects
        to a new URL that is server through SSL.
        BTW, if you install the Crypt:SSLeay module perhaps the problem goes
        out of your sight, and protects you from similar problems witha
        protocol change behind the curtains.

        Hope this helps