What is the most recent version?

  • mike@miketaylor.org.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      Hi. First-time SOAP::Lite user here.

      So I have to make a Perl program that acts as a SOAP client; and as
      far as I can see, the only realistic option for doing this right now
      is the SOAP::Lite module. (Is that still true, or have I missed a
      rival package that I ought to be also investigating?)

      Before I've even got started, though, there's a complexity that I need
      to clear up.

      Acccording to CPAN search at:
      http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/SOAP-Lite-0.60a/
      the most recent version of SOAP::Lite on CPAN is v0.60a

      But according to the LATEST RELEASE Download link on
      http://www.soaplite.com/
      the most recent version is 0.66.

      But according to the announcement at
      http://www.soaplite.com/2006/01/announcing_soap.html
      you uploaded version 0.67 to CPAN.

      But when I use "apt-cache policy libsoap-lite-perl" on my Debian box,
      I find that the most recent version is 0.69-1.

      !!!??

      I hope you will forgive a newcomer for being a little confused by all
      this. Are some of these sort of back-door don't-use-this releases?
      If I install using Debian packaging, should I pin apt-get to use an
      older version?

      Thanks,

      _/|_ ___________________________________________________________________
      /o ) \/ Mike Taylor <mike@...> http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
      )_v__/\ "One generation's 'amusing dreck' is the next generation's high
      literature. ('I think the anvil landing on the coyote's head
      symbolizes ...')" -- Bill Cameron.
    • Edward Kawas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007

        I believe that the latest version is 0.69 http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/SOAP-Lite-0.69/