Re: How to send serialized SOAP response back

  • paulclinger@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
      Hi, Weidong!

      > But my problem is, the data to put in the header relates to each
      specific request. For example, I need to extract from the request a
      request ID and put this ID as part of the response header. That is,
      the header will contain dynamic data.
      You don't need to do anything tricky, just do:

      return SOAP::Header->name('a' => 1)->uri("MyNamespace"), @otherdata.

      Everything that has type SOAP::Header will be serialized as header
      (you may have more than one). Order doesn't matter, but it may change
      in future versions. You don't need to override Serializer for that.
      I believe I have this example in SOAP Cookbook
      (http://cookbook.soaplite.com/)

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- In soaplite@y..., "Weidong Wang" <wwang@f...> wrote:
      > Similar to my previous question on how to send serialized request,
      I also wonder how I can tell SOAP::Lite to send serialized resposne
      back to the user.

      > Again, I need my own SOAP header for the response. The sample code
      shows how to do it by defining a new serializer in the daemon code. I
      got that to work.

      > But my problem is, the data to put in the header relates to each
      specific request. For example, I need to extract from the request a
      request ID and put this ID as part of the response header. That is,
      the header will contain dynamic data.

      > Again, I can generate my own SOAP envelope for response using
      SOAP::Serializer, but the question is, how do I tell SOAP::Lite to
      return it to the client?