Re: [soaplite] How to send a serialized SOAP request?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
      Hi, Weidong!

      --- Weidong Wang <wwang@...> wrote:
      > Since I need to define my own SOAP Header and have user defined
      > data fields in the body, I turn to Serializer->envelope() to
      > generate a serialized SOAP request. That works fine.
      You don't need to. You can add SOAP Headers and user defined fields
      and objects and still should be able to reuse everything else.

      > But I can't find a way to send such already serialized request over
      > to the server. I suppose I still need to set uri() and proxy(), but
      > how do I make the call? I tried using call(), but it is trying to
      > serialize again.
      But if you still need it, then you need to call send_receive method
      (it's common for all transports, so you don't need to worry about
      transport level) and pass parameters there. Take a look into call()
      method that does it. Be prepared however that this interface is not
      documented and will change in future versions. I promise :)

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • dpk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
        Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
        (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the <nil/>
        extention in the next release. Do you plan on serializing all undef's
        into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
        think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your changes?
        dpk

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
          Hi, dpk!

          > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
          > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
          There are several of them that are fixed already.

          ! number of fixes in XMLRPC::Lite
          fixed <string> requirement (thanks to Matthew Krenzer and Dana
          Powers)
          fixed skipping of empty slot (thanks to Jon Udell)
          fixed serialization of "0"/""/undef values (thanks to Michael E.
          Gage)
          fixed autodispatch (thanks to Craig Kelley)

          <nil/> is an extension and Dave Winer (author of XML-RPC) doesn't
          encourage to use it. SOAP::Lite might support <nil/> but only on
          parser side, it will NOT generate it. undef values are encoded as
          empty elements and can be properly de/serialized almost in all cases.

          > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
          > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
          > changes?
          Good question. I planed/promissed to make a release almost two weeks
          ago, then delayed it for a couple of reasons, but mainly to include
          support for SOAP1.2. I plan to release code during this weekend after
          extensive testing. XMLRPC::Lite module is pretty independent from
          core piece, but there are couple of changes (like fix for empty
          slots) that require code to be released together with SOAP::Lite. You
          should not be disappointed :).

          Best wishes, Paul.

          --- dpk <beatdown_1_2@...> wrote:
          > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
          > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
          > <nil/>
          > extention in the next release. Do you plan on serializing all
          > undef's
          > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
          > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
          > changes?
          > dpk

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Weidong Wang
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2001
            Thanks for the reply, Paul.

            How do I add header and other elements to body and still use the normal call convention?
            Is it to use addheader()? Can you provide an example for using it?
            Also, how to add body fields?

            Thanks.

            Weidong