Limiting which methods can be used.

  • Bill Moseley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2007
      Just starting out with SOAP::Lite, and I have a few basic questions.

      I'm using SOAP::Transport::HTTP with Apache/2.2.3 mod_perl/2.0.2 and I have a few
      classes I wish to expose.

      I'm using this to dispatch to my classes in my mod_perl module:

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache->dispatch_to(
      $app_dir,
      @module_list,
      );

      sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }

      Now, the modules in @module_list get loaded and their methods are
      exposed -- and then can be accessed by a SOAP client.

      What I'm missing is how to define *which* methods should be made
      available. If the class is used outside of SOAP::Lite I'd like to make
      all its methods available, but limit which methods can be called when
      used by SOAP::Lite.

      My other question is about Expat and mod_perl, which has been an issue
      for quite a while. I see that it's noted in the SOAP::Lite man page.
      Is this still an issue with Apache2? I'm not finding any recent
      discussion of the issue.

      I see some discussion of moving to libxml2 in the archives, too.
      What's the status of that?

      --
      Bill Moseley
      moseley@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
        On 9/19/07, Bill Moseley <moseley@...> wrote:

        > I'm using this to dispatch to my classes in my mod_perl module:
        >
        > my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache->dispatch_to(
        > $app_dir,
        > @module_list,
        > );
        >
        > sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }
        >
        > Now, the modules in @module_list get loaded and their methods are
        > exposed -- and then can be accessed by a SOAP client.
        >
        > What I'm missing is how to define *which* methods should be made
        > available. If the class is used outside of SOAP::Lite I'd like to make
        > all its methods available, but limit which methods can be called when
        > used by SOAP::Lite.

        From SOAP::Server doc:

        Alternately, when the value is a package-qualified name of a
        subroutine or method, that specific routine is made available. This
        allows the server to make selected methods available without opening
        the entire package.

        --
        Radek