How to send serialized SOAP response back

  • Weidong Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
      Similar to my previous question on how to send serialized request, I also wonder how I can tell SOAP::Lite to send serialized resposne back to the user.

      Again, I need my own SOAP header for the response. The sample code shows how to do it by defining a new serializer in the daemon code. I got that to work.

      But my problem is, the data to put in the header relates to each specific request. For example, I need to extract from the request a request ID and put this ID as part of the response header. That is, the header will contain dynamic data.

      Again, I can generate my own SOAP envelope for response using SOAP::Serializer, but the question is, how do I tell SOAP::Lite to return it to the client?

      Thanks.

      Weidong

    • paulclinger@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
        Hi, Weidong!

        > But my problem is, the data to put in the header relates to each
        specific request. For example, I need to extract from the request a
        request ID and put this ID as part of the response header. That is,
        the header will contain dynamic data.
        You don't need to do anything tricky, just do:

        return SOAP::Header->name('a' => 1)->uri("MyNamespace"), @otherdata.

        Everything that has type SOAP::Header will be serialized as header
        (you may have more than one). Order doesn't matter, but it may change
        in future versions. You don't need to override Serializer for that.
        I believe I have this example in SOAP Cookbook
        (http://cookbook.soaplite.com/)

        Best wishes, Paul.