Re: [soaplite] Encoding text from server

  • Hugues de Mazancourt
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2007

      Le 31 août 07 à 17:21, Morgan Fletcher a écrit :

      Did you encode them on the server side? I can't modify what comes from
      the web service, it's vendor-provided.

      Fortunately (for me), I'm on the server side.
      I don't know if there's any way to trap the message before it is passed to the XML parser. I guess it would be a solution.

      Hugues
    • Morgan Fletcher
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Morgan Fletcher wrote:
        > I am querying a service like so:
        >
        > $response = SOAP::Lite
        > ->service("http://thing1.thing2.com:10000/FOO.wsdl
        > <http://thing1.thing2.com:10000/FOO.wsdl>")
        > -> getId("$r");
        >
        > Some of the records I get contain characters like this: \205 \256.
        > (represented as best I can) When I get a record like that I get:
        >
        > not well-formed (invalid token) at line 44, column 106, byte 2658 at
        > /usr/lib/perl5/
        >
        > vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
        > line 187
        >
        > Should I be encoding this text somehow, from the client end, so that I
        > don't get this XML Parser error? If so, how?

        Replying to myself; the vendor fixed this on the server side.

        Thanks for the feedback.

        Morgan