Re: [soaplite] Can't install SOAP::Lite on linux with CPAN

  • rahed
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
      In the beginning of the installation you are asked which optional
      modules are to be installed.

      Failed tests 15 and 19 are Apache modules which are not necessary for
      basic soap operation.

      --
      Radek
    • Hans Poo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
        Hi,

        If you're on a Debian based, my case ubuntu, you may tray to find the
        package with:

        # apt-cache search -n perl|grep soap
        libsoap-lite-perl - Client and server side SOAP implementation

        in this case i found it in the normal repositories, then you can install:
        # apt-get install libsoap-lite-perl

        after that, you like to know where the files were installed:
        # dpkg -L libsoap-lite-perl

        If you're on a redhat base distro, you can find with yum or up2date to
        do the same, i left fedora
        some years from now.. don't have the exact commands.

        Important: For complex packages with lot of dependencies, the distro
        package is the fast way to do it.

        If you don't have the package in the distro, or you just like (or
        have) to install from source,
        then, beware that CPAN installers complain a lot due to failed tests,
        normally things work besides
        the comlplaints, but you should check.

        First, you should try forcing CPAN:

        # get into the interactive installer with
        # perl -MCPAN -e shell

        # force the installation, please don't forget to say "no" to the
        standard tests
        force install SOAP::Lite

        [ this should be done as root ]

        If it fails, i recommend to go where the CPAN module stores the cache
        of modules:
        # cd ~/.cpan/build

        Then cd to the directory of your module. After the above commands you
        should find a module called
        SOAP-Lite-0.XX, i've just done this an it's SOAP-Lite-0.69.

        cd SOAP-Lite-0.69

        Then, please take some minutes to read the README file,
        # less README

        .. then issue
        # perl Makefile.PL
        # make

        Normally problems arise doing the last two commands, but, you will
        have more information of how to
        solve them.

        finally [ as root ]
        # make install